Thank you for shopping and consigning with Beanstalk, a children’s consignment store
Thank you for your interest in shopping and consigning with Beanstalk! As parents, we understand how quickly you can go through clothing, shoes, and gear for your children.
We are here to make your life easier, as we help turn your gently used clothing and items into dollars you can put toward summer camps, lessons, trips, or clothes for the next size up!
We look forward to meeting you and your little growing beans. See you soon!
In store shopping policies during a pandemic:
- Children may enter the store with a parent or guardian, not to exceed capacity limits that are set. Children in carriers or stroller do not count towards capacity limits. Children must be at an adults side at all times.
- A face mask is required for everyone age 5+ to shop in our stores. We ask that everyone follow proper face mask-wearing protocols which includes having nose and mouth covered at all times. If you do not have a mask, we do have them for sale for all ages
- Children ages 2 to 4 are highly encouraged to wear a face mask if at all possible to prevent the spread and contraction of the virus.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entry to our shop.
- Our bathrooms and play rooms are closed for customers.
- If you are feeling sick or have been around anyone sick in any way, we ask that you do not come shop in our stores but use our online store.
- Cash, debt and credit cards are welcome.
- Due to capacity limits please try to keep your shopping brief. We suggest that you come with a list so we can help you find the items you’re looking for. This gives everyone the opportunity to enjoy the shop. You may have to wait your turn outside if the shops are at capacity.
Consign with us:
- Sign up for an appointment on our Consignment Calendar. and follow the instructions.
2. Sign our Waiver Policy found in the top left-hand corner of this page. Thank you!
What to bring us:
Clothing, shoes, gear, toys and books.
Up to 2 paper shopping bags at a time or 1 blue Ikea bag/1 rubber made tub.
Please attach a label to your bag with your Name, Date, Phone Number and Email.
Our customers’ preferences determine the items we select, so please understand that we may not accept everything you bring us.
Clothing: We accept clothing sizes preemie to 14 youth. We ask for current season clothes that are freshly washed and in excellent condition without stains, tears, odors or excessive wear. Please snap, zip and button all items. Customer favorites: Mini Boden, Tea Collection, Hanna Andersson, Crewcuts, Patagonia, GAP, PEEK, REI, Columbia, Janie and Jack, Organic brands…see more brands
Shoes: We accept up to youth size 7. We also carry sport cleats, tap shoes and ballet slippers too! Please give shoes a fresh wash (if they can be) or a quick wipe down. Customer favorites: See Kai Run, Keen, Stride Rite, Adidas, Nike, Croc, Native, Converse, Bogs, Uggs, Robeez, Saltwater, Tsukihoshi… see more brands
We take the following clothing items year round:
- Rain boots, rain coats, rain pants, rain suits
- Halloween Costumes
- Keen Sandals, Native shoes
- Hanna Holiday Pajamas
- Mittens & Gloves
We have taken the guess work out of the Oregon seasons for you!
Please use the following as your seasonal guideline:
- Spring & Summer: January through June
- Fall & Winter: July through December
- Selective seasonal taking for Summer in July & August
- Selective seasonal taking for Winter in January & February
Toys and Books: Bring in your wooden toys, puzzles, games, musical instruments, Legos/Duplos, trains and cars, board books and storybooks. Please make sure all toys have their pieces and fresh batteries. Check that items are clean and free of recalls. Customer favorites: Plan Toys, Hape, Haba, Lego, Green Toys, Radio Flyer, Melissa & Doug… see more brands
Equipment and Gear: We accept a wide variety of gear for babies, kids and families in clean, excellent condition, with fresh working batteries and free of recalls including:
- Strollers (no older than 5 years), high chairs, booster seats and table chairs
- Bikes, tricycles, wagons and scooters
- Baby swings, bouncy chairs, Bumbos, Exersaucers and Jumparoos
- Bassinets, co-sleepers, Pack’n Plays and baby safety-gates
- Bathtubs and potties, foam mats and activity mats (in original packaging)
- Bottles, bottle warmers and food & snack containers
- Boppy, Breast Friend, most popular slings and carriers
- Prefold diapers, pocket diapers and training pants
- Customer favorites: Stokke, BOB, Maclaren, Ergo, Moby, Skip Hop, Thirsties, gDiaper, Skuut, Strider, Radio Flyer, Phil & Teds… see more brands
Items we do NOT accept:
- Gear that has been damaged, has missing parts or has been recalled (Please check for recalls prior to bringing the item to us)
- Items from smoking homes
- Unwashed items (please clean off all pet hair, dirt and/or food)
- Breast pumps
- Car seats, car seat boosters
- We generally do not accept box store brands such as: First Impressions, Vitamin Kids, Okie Dokie, Koala Kids, Miniwear, Kids Korner, Talbots Kids etc.
How consigning works:
Your items will be reviewed and hand selected by the Beanstalk team. You may shop and wait while we review your items or enjoy our easy Drop’N Run while you run other daily errands or visit other shops near us.
Your selected items will then be priced, steamed and tagged by our inventory team and showcased on our sales floor for 60 days. Select non-clothing, out of season clothing or higher-end items may get extended consignment time if deemed necessary. After your items sell the 40 percent of the selling price will post to your account and 50 percent on items priced over $94.95.
At the end of 60 days any unsold items that are not picked up will be donated to local charities for families in need. Please note it is your responsibility to keep track of the expiration date of your items which will be provided at the time of drop off. If you want to pick up your unsold items call a few days before your expiration date to schedule a time for pick up.
You may choose to use your consignment as credit or collect a check at either location during open business hours.
It is the consignor’s responsibility to maintain their account as active. Only active accounts (meaning accounts that have consignment or sales) within the course of a year are and will continue to have balances rollover. Please view ‘sign our waiver’ to see our consignor agreement.
Our Circle of Giving:
We donate to many local charities. These include but are not limited to: Brown Hope’s Black Resilience Fund, PPS Clothes Closet, NW Childrens’ Foundation, Mother & Child, Sunshine Division and Teen Insights. If you would like us to add an organization to our list please let us know!
Shop our Clearance section: SAVING is giving back! Our clearance section at our Montavilla location and our Montavilla online store generates the funds for Beanstalk to be able to donate gift cards to local school fundraisers. Shopping our clearance sections is a great way to save and give back, knowing that a portion of these proceeds are supporting schools and other children/family programs.
What are you waiting for?
Reselling is recycling! Your items will live on while you receive back some of your investment. Come to Beanstalk, a Children’s Consignment Store. It’s the ultimate recycling!